Art and Home Decor Trends for 2019
To create this list I have researched the trends discussed in home design, fashion and art. Wishing everyone a year filled with creativity and inspiration.
1. Fringing is the retro look that's back with a bang.The 2018 fall fashion shows were awash with fabulous tassel designs. This trend has extended to home goods and wall art.
2. Wabi Sabi - rustic natural imperfection. 2019 turns its attention to the Japanese
philosophy, Wabi Sabi. The philosophy celebrates the beauty of imperfections in natural materials like wood, paper and metal. Ceramics, asymmetrical florals and textures that imitate natural materials in hand-crafted frames.
3. Curves and Waves. Curved or wavy design with ocean-inspired colors are at the top of the Pinterest boards now.
4. The Female Voice - inspiring female imagery. 2018 was the year of the silence breakers. Women around the world spoke up about their rights. The trend spotlights inspiring, sensual and strong women, both the artists and the subjects.
5. Home - 2018 was all about bringing an edgier palette into the home, with bold reds, modern metallics, and variations of the statement black accent wall. 2019 is taking a more mindful, lifestyle-based approach to the development of new shades. Many paint brands have already released their colors of the year, including Benjamin Moore, PPG Paints, and Sherwin Williams, from powerful aquas to soft terracottas. Companies are connecting the dots between consumers' home lives, mental demands, and digital engagement, which inspired many of the color picks. Texture is key to accent these walls,
6. Urban Culture - Design meets Graffiti. Graphic design and graffiti art are big this year. Expect to see inverted silhouettes, street style and geometric repeat patterns.
7. Hyperrealistic Murals. Large scale wall format that is super saturated with color and texture. Advances in large scale printing have created unlimited opportunities to explore.
Picture: Street Art by Hush